Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
Trade-Mark Industrial is committed to serving our customers and consumers, partnering with our suppliers and interacting with staff members in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. We are also committed to preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and providing people with disabilities the same opportunity to access, and benefit from, our goods and services in the same place and in a similar way as other customers, suppliers and employees.
The goal of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 is to make Ontario accessible to people with disabilities by 2025. The Accessibility Standards for Customer Service have been created to ensure that goods and services are accessible to all Ontarians and that persons with disabilities are treated with respect, dignity, and equality.
Trade-Mark Industrial (TMI) is committed to provide goods and services to persons with disabilities in a way that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equal opportunity. TMI policies, procedures, and practices have been created so that they adhere to the guiding principles established in the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service: Ontario Regulation 429/07.
View our multi-year accessibility plan (PDF Format).
Disability- The definition of a Disability as applicable under the Accessibility for Ontarians with a Disability Act may be found in the Ontario Human Rights Code. This is a condensed definition:
- Any degree of physical infirmity, malformation or disfigurement that is caused by bodily injury, birth defect or illness,
- A condition of mental impairment or disorder, a developmental or learning dysfunction
Examples: Epilepsy, paralysis, impaired vision or hearing, speech impediment, reliance on guide dog, wheel chair or other assistive devices.
ACCESS TO GOODS AND SERVICES
* Please note that unfortunately our Main office and Board/Training rooms are not wheelchair accessible at this time. It is however our policy to do our best to provide our services to disabled Customers by:
- Providing access to the premises as far as possible by reasonable accommodation
- Access to information in a format that accommodates a disability
- Respecting the independence of disabled Customers
- Respecting the dignity of disabled Customers
- Considering integration and equal opportunity of disabled Customers
While TMI does not currently provide goods or services directly to the public, we are committed to ensuring that any customer with a disability can access our goods and services. As such, we will ensure the following:
It is the policy of TMI to allow disabled Customers to be accompanied by a support person when accessing TMI goods and services.
SERVICE ANIMALS AND ASSISTIVE DEVICES
It is TMI policy to allow service animals on the premises and in all situations where a disabled Customer requires the service animal to access TMI goods and services.
In the event of a planned or unplanned disruption to any services or facilities where we serve the public, TMI will post a notice in a conspicuous place that clearly states the reason for the disruption, the anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative services, if available.
Employees and others who deal with the public on behalf of TMI will be trained on our policies as they relate to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. TMI workers will also be trained on and be familiar with any assistive devices available on site or that may be used by any customers with a disability while accessing our goods and/or services.
Trade-Mark welcomes feedback on how we provide accessible customer service. Customer feedback will help us identify barriers and respond to concerns.
Customers will be notified of how to provide feedback in the following ways:
- Posted on TMI website- https://www.trade-markind.com/
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Trade- Mark provides goods, services or facilities to people with disabilities can provide feedback in the following way(s):
- Contact TMI Safety Coordinator directly at; by email [email protected] or by phone at 519-591-4061
- Visiting our website at https://www.trade-markind.com/
All feedback, including complaints, will be handled in the following manner:
- Feedback will be directed to the Trade-Mark Health and Safety Coordinator.
- Customers can expect to hear back within 1 business day.
Trade-Mark will make sure our feedback process is accessible to people with disabilities by providing or arranging for accessible formats and communication supports, on request.
AVAILABILITY OF DOCUMENTS
All documents relating to the Customer Service Standard of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) will be made available upon request and in a format reasonably accommodating Disabilities. You may make a request in writing, by email or by telephone. Please address your request to [email protected] or call 519-591-4061.
Our accessibility policy will be reviewed and/or updated at a minimum of every five (5) years